Sunday, November 14, 2010
Bro... Brah?
So I've started talking ridiculously at the gym with my gym partner. It's actually quite funny when I cheer him on and ALWAYS refer to him as 'bro' (brah). Then I say something ridiculous to one of my girlfriends I went to the gym with this weekend like: "If I'm getting a boner, does that make me gay brah?" Hahaha.... ahhhh.... good times. When I was waiting for a bicep curl machine, I eventually lost my patience with the guy that had been on it for ten minutes, 90% of which was him just sitting there toggling through his ipod, and I asked him if I could work in with him (something I really do not like doing). He said, "sure bro". Then said, "is that weight good bro?" .... I answered him with similar 'bro' sentences. I found it quite amusing how we acted like we knew each other. Also, I decided I love talking that way in the gym. Normally it annoys the f**k out of me when guys call me 'bro'... a TOTAL turn off. It's actually as annoying as white guys who call you 'papi' (soooo gross) and guys who say "I love you" as you're doing them... ugh. I love the comrodery I feel with guys... and all because of that word. The gym is the ONLY place I want to hear it though... it actually makes me laugh sometimes when I use it. Maybe I'll find a gym partner who lives closer to me soon. That's my main goal right now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment